- How do you use founded?
- What is found in a sentence?
- What is the first place?
- How do you use the first place in a sentence?
- Can you use them to start a sentence?
- What tense is found?
- What words can you not start a sentence with?
- Was founded in a sentence?
- How do you start an answer?
- What is another word for founded?
- How do you say in the first place?
- What does Founded mean?
- What are some good sentence starters?
- What’s the meaning of first?
How do you use founded?
This word comes from the old French fonder and the Latin fundus which means bottom or base.
In this context, we use ‘founded’ as the past tense of found.
We founded this organization in 1996 with the aim of educating the poor.
The rules of this project have been founded considering the demands of all the stakeholders..
What is found in a sentence?
[T] He found his father lying in the kitchen. [T] I found a pair of gloves under the chair. [T] She found him standing near the entrance. [T] I found it difficult to solve the problem.
What is the first place?
SEE SYNONYMS FOR in the first place ON THESAURUS.COM. 1. From the beginning, at the outset, before anything else. For example, Why didn’t you tell me in the first place that you’ve decided to leave? or He could have bought a new one in the first place.
How do you use the first place in a sentence?
1 —used at the end of a sentence to indicate what was true or what should have been done at the beginning of a situationWe should never have gone there in the first place. I didn’t care much for the job in the first place.
Can you use them to start a sentence?
Basically most sentences you’d start off with “It is them” can equally well be started with just “Them”.
What tense is found?
Re: Tense/ form of the phrase “was founded” It IS past simple (and passive)!
What words can you not start a sentence with?
Or never begins a sentence, paragraph, or chapter. Never begin a sentence—or a clause—with also. Teach the elimination of but, so, and, because, at the beginning of a sentence. A sentence should not commence with the conjunctions and, for, or however….
Was founded in a sentence?
The town was founded during the gold boom of the late 1800s. Stendhal once claimed that all religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few. click Both Christianity and Judaism were founded on written texts, and taught a code of ethics.
How do you start an answer?
Begin your answer by rephrasing the essay question as a statement. The best way to start an essay answer is to rephrase the question in the form of a statement. Opening your essay in this way signals to the professor that you have read and understood the question.
What is another word for founded?
In this page you can discover 29 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for founded, like: established, ended, started, destroyed, organized, set up, launched, instituted, constituted, planted and grounded.
How do you say in the first place?
Alternate Synonyms for “in the first place”:earlier; in the beginning; to begin with; originally.primarily.
What does Founded mean?
1. To establish or set up, especially with provision for continuing existence: The college was founded in 1872. See Synonyms at establish. 2. To establish the foundation or basis of; base: found a theory on firm evidence.
What are some good sentence starters?
3. Use Different Words to Order Events and Sequence Timeto be sure… additionally… lastlyeventuallyin the meantimefirst… just in the same way… finallyfinallyfor the time beingbasically… similarly… as well asfirst of allthe next stepafterwardto begin within conclusionat firstin the first placein time4 more rows•Jan 9, 2020
What’s the meaning of first?
(Entry 1 of 3) : preceding all others in time, order, or importance: such as. a : earliest She won first prize.